Barbie With An "Ooomph"!: Karyll Roque Angeles

 May 22, 2012



Photo credits to Mr. Alexander Jugo

And yet another photo shoot last weekend! I am very happy to see the outcome of the shoot--it's like seeing BARBIE come to life :)


Karyll came with a gorgeous outfit--a black corsette-type top and a black tutu (so cute, I swear!). She wanted to look like Barbie, just for a day :) And we made it happen! She knows what she wants, and she really coordinated her outfit with her makeup request. PINK/PURPLE SMOKY EYES. Can I be more excited that she wanted a smoky eye makeup? :D

And here's the product list used if you would want to recreate the look!




For her skin, I used RIMMEL'S Stay Matte Foundation, using a stifling brush, I had to ensure that her face had flawless coverage since we wanted to achieve a "plastic" look like Barbie.

TIP: As per experience, using a stifling brush then evening it out with a sponge would give you better "air brush finish" look, than using a regular brush for foundation.

After evening out the foundation with a sponge, you can either use pressed powder or loose powder to set the foundation in and give you that flawless look. I used RIMMEL'S Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Natural.

TIP: I use powder puff instead of brush 'coz using a brush tends to stash away all the powder compared to a puff, which really pushes all those powder to stick to your skin :)




And for the eyes, as the usual--I prime it with my favorite URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION. Since we are trying to achieve a smoky pink/purple eye look, I had to grab my MAYBELLINE STYLISH SMOKE EYESHADOW QUAD IN CHARCOAL SMOKES 04. I love using this quad whenever I do smoky eye, as the darkest swatch gives me the best effect ever :)




Since she wanted pink/purple smoky eye effect, I used Wet n' Wild Turn Me Over Spoiled Brat Palette in Hot Pink as prime layer on her eyelids and the gray/black swatch right next to it on the outer V corner of her eye just to give it a subtle smoky effect.






I also used RIMMEL'S Traffic Stopping Shadow Trio Palette in Purple, the darkest purple on top of the gray/black I applied earlier. And finished off the look using MAYBELLINE STYLISH SMOKE EYESHADOW QUAD IN CHARCOAL SMOKES (above) to give it a strong smoky effect and blended the colors well using a blender brush. The champagne (very light tan color on the palette) was used as highlight under her brows and on the inner corner of her eyes (tear duct).





To contour her face and give her prominent cheek bones a pop, I used the SEPHORA COLLECTION ARUBA SUN DISK BRONZING POWDER and applied it on her jaw line as well as on her temples to create that contoured look. And then I added a little bit of a blush on the apple of her cheeks using SEPHORA'S BLUSH ME! Trio, a mix of all three blush colors.


And to finish off her look, I used LANCOME'S ROUGE IN LOVE 377N Midnight Rose-Fuschia for that bright pink lips and then topped it off with MAYBELLINE LIP GLOSS COLOR SENSATIONAL in Coral Blush.

TIP: When using LancĂ´me's Rouge in Love, apply a thin layer first and let it dry; then apply another layer to make the color stronger--as this lipstick is quite pigmented.



...and here's a little EYE CANDY for all you gorgeous ladies :)

Here are a couple of the photos from the shoot!


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


Photo credits to Mr. Alex Jugo
Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla

Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla

Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla

Again, many thanks to the following people for the untiring support:


  • Ms. Karyll Roque Angeles for being our Barbie for the day :) Thank you for being a great model!
  • Mr. Dennis Turla for being an amazing photographer, as always, for the shoot :)
  • Mr. Alexander Jugo for the help and assistance to make this shoot happen.
  • Ms. Cecille Bueno for your support and assistance as well in this shoot.

For any comments, suggestions, or just plain inquiries about beauty and makeup, or even anything under the sun; please feel free to email me at thesmokybluepalette@gmail.com or just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you the soonest!


XOXO, 







0 comments:

Post a Comment