Meet Wilma: The Charmer With A Pocketful of Beauty & Confidence

 May 16, 2012


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


For quite some time now, I have been consistently asking my "kumares" Analou, Cez, Wilma & Jannice to be my "subject" for my makeup trials & portfolio shoot. They were either too shy, or too busy to do so. But last Saturday, one of them finally stepped forward and gave me a chance to make her more beautiful than she already is :)


Meet Wilma Irinco. She's a charmer with pocketful of beauty & confidence. I can confidently say that she is beautiful inside & out. I've met her 2 years ago when I was taking basic photography class. A group was formed and partners (I mean wife, bf, gf, etc) were included as associate! Wilma was very supportive of her partner's photography passion, so she was present in most photoshoots & gatherings the group had.

Friday evening, she messaged me and said "I'm ready". So, I booked my favorite photographer, prepared my makeup kit, and the rest is history!


It's 45 degrees in Dubai, and what best to describe this weather but "scorching summer heat"! So, for the concept of the shoot, I decided to use SUMMER VIBRANT COLORS!

To recreate this look, these are the products used:




Wilma is fair-skinned and her skin has very little flaws, so I decided to do an satin-finished look using this MAYBELLINE DREAM SMOOTH MOUSSE Foundation in Creamy Natural (Light). Dabbed a little L'OREAL PARIS TRUE MATCH CONCEALER IN FAIR/LIGHT NEUTRAL under her eyes, side of her nose and lips to conceal any redness. It matches your skin tone and evens out imperfections.




I primed her eyes with my ever-reliable URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION; and since the concept is summer colors, I finally had my opportunity to try out the newest palette I bought from NYX. It's the NYX "I Dream of St. Lucia" CARIBBEAN PALETTE. To be honest, I really don't have a wide range of bright colored palettes, until I saw this a month ago. 





And, another new one in my make-up haul! I used for the first time, my VICTORIA'S SECRET BEAUTY RUSH BRONZER. It's the perfect bronzer for a sun-kissed look :) It's brush baked powder formula is super easy to work with. It's also great for contouring the face, as well as to give that "back-from-the-beach" look!




For a hint of flushed look, I used MAYBELLINE FIT ME BLUSH on Wilma. It's very light-weight, easy to blend and it gives you a natural, fade-proof cheek color.

Lined the eyes using URBAN DECAY 24 7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCIL in ZERO. It's very creamy, blendable, and of course most importantly, it's water-proof! I've always loved using this, and I really consider this as one of my favorite makeup tools! I use it for almost all smoky eye looks I've made :)







And finally, for her lips, because the colors I used for her eyes are already bright as they are, I decided to go neutral. I used RIMMEL MOISTURE RENEW LIPSTICK IN #700 Nude Delight and added a little shimmer with MAX FACTOR VIBRANT CURVE EFFECT LIPGLOSS.





And, of course, with the help of my ever supportive, most favorite photographer in the whole wide world, Dennis Turla. Here are some of the photos captured from the photo shoot!


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla



Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


Again, many many thanks to the following people:

  • Ms. Wilma Irinco for being my model for the day! Grateful for your patience and kindness!
  • Mr. Louis Philippe Tengco for being an ever-supportive partner!
  • Ms. Cecille Bueno for the ra-ra-ra-sis-boom-bah! Haha! Thanks for the support mare! :)
  • Mr. Dennis Turla for the amazing and beautiful photography :)

For any comments, suggestions, or just plain inquiries about beauty, makeup or anything under the sun; please feel free to email me at smokybluepalette@gmail.com or just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you the soonest!


Have a great day, ladies!


XOXO,
The Smoky Blue Palette



0 comments:

Post a Comment