Meet Megan Lambert: Beauty Deep Within Those Mesmerizing Eyes

 August 25, 2012



Photo by Dennis Turla
 
I'm pretty sure you've seen her--in one of the shoots for a cause or a photography workshop as model here in Dubai. She's all over Facebook, and she's the talk of the town for her gorgeous, mesmerizing, light blue eyes. But for me, she is more than the eyes. She's a genuinely, nice, beautiful and kind-hearted person with huge ambitions in life :)

Follow the jump to know more about this English beauty and why I say, she's way more beautiful, deep within those mesmerizing eyes.



Meet Megan Elizabeth Lambert.

Stands at 5'9" at the age of 15, I am pretty sure she'll be a lot taller before age 21, so she's really a model to watch out for :) Most models here in Dubai are almost twice her age, but here she is, starting out really young. But it's no surprise actually, as she really has everything it takes to be the next top model. She's young, beautiful and has a slim body, and did I say tall? (yeah I did, she's 5'9" and she's just 15!)

I first met Megan on Friday morning. All fresh and ready for the photoshoot organized by my good friends and photographers Dennis & Elmer. Even without makeup, she's a real beauty. Rarely you'll find a face that needs no cosmetic to be called "beautiful". I can count with my 10 fingers. But seriously, she is a stunner. Her thick, blonde hair. Her perfectly shaped brows. Those mesmerizing, light blue eyes. Small, perfectly-shaped lips. Perfect jaw-line.


Photo by Dennis Turla
Now you see what the fuss is all about, eh?

Her face is the perfect canvass for a makeup artist like me. So, when she sat down and told me she's ready for her make-up, I felt like Da Vinci working on Mona Lisa.

So, for a full list of products used, keep on reading!

Primers Used:


For the face:

> Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion

Why I use it?
> this must-have beauty product minimizes the look of pores and fine lines so it gives you a soft-matte, airbrushed complexion.

How to use it?
>After cleansing and moisturizing your face, apply a dab on the cheeks, forehead, nose, chin using your favorite brush (I prefer the stippling brush) in an outward direction. While the primer is still wet, apply your foundation. Blend them together to achieve a more air-brushed effect.

For Those Doll-Eyes:


> Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion

Why I use it?
> This has been a "cannot live without" product in my beauty bag. It primes wonderfully and makes the eye shadow lasts long enough to finish a whole day's photo shoot! Now, isn't that wonderful?

How I use it?
> Dab a small amount in the eye lid and just spread across using a brush or just use your finger (I personally use a finger to spread it across--it's much easier and spreads evenly)

 
 For the skin:

> Power combo (Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation + Stay Matte Pressed Powder


Why I Use It?
> The above says it all. It's my personal "power combo" :) Why? For a person like me, who likes to explore products which are "pocket-friendly" but "effective"--this one really lives up to its purpose. I can put it up against one of those "expensive" beauty products, and it will do just fine.


The Star of My Beauty Stash:


> Mikyajy Groovy Jetsetter Compact

Why  I Use It?
> Why wouldn't I? It's currently my favorite palette! The colors are so vibrant, they're pigmented as well and glides on very smoothly--giving you a velvety smooth finish.

How I Use It?
> It ain't very hard to apply 'em, thanks to UD primer. Just pack it on gently onto the lids and blend, blend, blend! Remember, start with the lightest shade in your palette, then work up to the darkest if you're trying to achieve a dark, smoky, eye look. Always apply a highlighting powder at the brow bone, just above the eye crease, to make the make-up POP and look more lively!


For Bronzing & Contouring the Face:

> Urban Decay Baked Bronzer

Why I Use It?
> Although I have my own contouring powder kit, I actually like using bronzer better. Why? Coz it works two-way. One, as a highlighting bronzer that gives the face an instant glow; and two, it acts as a contour, making the angles of your face photoshoot-ready and (if you wish you have a better jawline), you get it in an instant!


For Those Beautiful Lashes:

> Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara


Why I Use It?
> Maybelline has ensured that the name lives up to its purpose. It gives definition and it definitely is waterproof. The wand is quite bendy and shaped to the lash, so application is easy as 1-2-3. Nice definition, accentuates the lashes and no clumps indeed.

How I Use It?
> Just like any normal mascara, just work it all up starting from the top lashes, and work your way down to the bottom. I don't like "spidery-looking" lashes, so if you see one, use your lash brush to avoid that.


For the waterline: 

> Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Oil Slick

Why I Use It?
> It's like my holy grail eye pencil! This (oil slick) and the other one which is the blackest black, Perversion, are like the best eye pencil I've ever used. It's creamy, blendable and long-wearing, budge-proof and water resistant.

How I Use it?
> I usually line the waterline with this and then smudge it off with a fine brush.

...and always remember, frame the face by doing the eyebrow properly. Add a little blush to the cheek with your favorite blusher and a lip shade that compliments your eye shadow.

FYI: Eyeshadow, blusher, lip shade and gloss used are all from the Mikyajy Jetsetter Compact.


Now, here are the goodies you've been waiting for. Photos!

Photo by Rey Castillo


Photo by Dennis Turla


Photo by Dennis Turla



Photo by Dennis Turla

Thanks to the following:

  • Elmer A. Magallanes Jr - thanks for letting us use your EAM studio for this photoshoot! Gracias!
  • Dennis Turla- as always, you've always been very patient and thorough with your work! Thanks a ton!
  • To my good friends Analou Wenceslao, Janice and Rey Castillo - thanks guys for your support as always :)
  • Special thanks to Omnia and Caroline for the Jetsetter palette :)
 Stay tuned for more makeup & beauty features!

Bonne Nuit ladies! :)



XOXO,


The Smoky Blue Palette

0 comments:

Post a Comment