The Big 3 Zero: Turning A Year Older But Feeling A Lot Younger!

 August 30, 2012

Photo courtesy of lyrianfleming.com
Seriously, what is really the fuss about turning 30? Now that I am 1 day away from that "mighty milestone", I look back and think, how I felt thinking about turning 30 when I was halfway there.

Read on and hear what my thoughts are and what I think, what I really think about being 30!

Well, first off--I seriously think, it's just an age after all. I really don't feel much different except of course I have a lot more responsibilities nowadays but good to say, I haven't enrolled yet in a pillow-making class or a sewing class at that! So, I feel everyone dreads turning the big 3-O because they think it marks the end of their youth? Hmmm...

I don't think so.

I clearly remember when I was 15 years old, 30 seemed a very old age. I thought to myself, when I reach that age, I'd be married, I'll have my 2 kids and I'd be very much settled already. Oh God, please don't think that I am not any of that as of the moment. I am happy where I am right now. Only thing is, I am waaaaayyy too far from that thought I had in my mind at 30 as a kid.

But, I realized. I don't have to be hard on myself.  I should actually enjoy and embrace the big three zero!

Here are the perks of turning the milestone, I believe!


  • THE ROLLER COASTER THAT WAS YOUR 20's IS FINALLY OVER
 Admit it, when you were in your 20's, you had so many life-changing events that you had to go through, and some of them were crazy that at times, you just feel like shouting at the top of your lungs or just want to be isolated from everyone else. Like graduation, moving out of your parent's house, applying for jobs, being hired, being not hired, getting a job that you don't actually like, falling in love, getting heartbroken, falling in love again, resigning from work, finding another job...etc, etc. The list goes on, but it's really a relief to say that as you turn 30, you'd be in a place where these changes don't happen in a nick of time.
  • YOU HAVE SOLID AND GOOD FRIENDSHIPS NOW, UNLIKE BEFORE
When I was a lot younger, friends come and go. You seem to meet one nice, outgoing or on the other hand, a totally crazy but sweet person and just instantly make friends with them. But when you wake up one day, they just disappear; and someone new comes along. That was before. Now, for the first time, in a very long time, I am surrounded by QUALITY friendships with women and men alike. It's like a sisterhood. We do share the same passion, sentiments, and we respect each other on equal terms. I love my friends coz I know they won't just disappear on me, unlike the others.

  • YOU FEEL SEXIER, MORE CONFIDENT.
Twenties is all about finding your niche in the society. Maybe, you liked a guy before but never had the guts to say hi or to tell him you like him; all just because you feel awkward, you haven't fixed your hair, you don't know how to put on makeup, or you just simply don't have the confidence. When you turn 30, you'll have all the confidence you can ever have. You look back and say, "hey, i was like that before...not anymore" :)

  • IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING.
 The case could be, you're all settled and ready to start a family or your career is finally headed in the right direction, take advantage and enjoy this period of your life that's got a lot less bumps and changes than your 20's did. This is just the beginning so it's time to sit back, relax and enjoy the adventures to come.


Photo courtesy of Instagram!



So, what do I really think of turning 30?

I think, people should not be afraid or dread it.

So, I embrace it with all my heart! And I think it's a reason to celebrate :)

As they say, life begins at 30, so I say...

I'm skipping into my 30's with my head held high, and looking forward to what delights life may bring me in the years to come!

So raise your glass with me, and say cheers! :)


XOXO,


The Smoky Blue Palette


1 comments:

Marnie August 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM  

We are at our most beautiful during our 30s =) it is indeed a reason to celebrate! Cheers! Happy birthday Cookie!

Post a Comment