The Hazelnut-Eyed Beauty: Karylle Roque Angeles

 April 8, 2012

Summer in Dubai means a minimal 39 degrees Celsius mid-day and maximum of about 45 degrees by afternoon. But, on the contrary, summer also means a lot in the fashion and makeup world! Florals, pastels, hot colors! Yay! It's like a sudden burst of colors in the atmosphere :)

I was invited to be part of a photo shoot for a summer concept featuring 2 gorgeous Pinay models. One of them is Karyll Roque Angeles. A 23-yo petite, mestiza, and hazelnut brown-eyed (yes, her eyes literally was SPELL-BINDING) lady with a flair for fashion and modelling.

I had no idea what type of make-up to put on her since the shoot was of short notice and I hadn't been able to do a face chart for the concept. SOLUTION: Meet the model and determine what color best suits her. Luckily, without even seeing what she ought to wear, I applied a kind of like sexy and flirty dark make-up and she looked absolutely stunning! (Hahaha! The guys couldn't keep their eyes off her!)

Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


To recreate the look, here's the list of the products and techniques used:

Since Karyll is fair-skinned and no need to conceal because she's literally flawless, I decided to do an air-brushed finish look using this MAYBELLINE DREAM SMOOTH MOUSSE Foundation in Classic Ivory. It worked perfectly for her skintone and I was really amazed with the poreless finish! (READ: It's a must-have.)


For her eyes, I primed it first with my ever-reliable URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION in Natural and then used SEPHORA MONO EYESHADOW in Aspen Summit 23, blended in SEPHORA MONO EYESHADOW  in Coffee Shimmer to create a well-blended brownish overlay. I wanted to achieve that dark, sexy look so I decided to blend in some dark colors. 

Since sexy for me spells smoky, I took my Bourjois Smoky Eye Trio Eyeshadow Palette for a failproof look. Blended the colors well using my blending brush and added depth to the corner of the outer eye using MAYBELLINE STYLISH SMOKE EYESHADOW QUAD IN CHARCOAL SMOKES 04. 
Lined her waterline with my ever-favorite Rimmel Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil and smudged the lines to create a soft, smoky look. Used RIMMEL GLAM EYES PROFESSIONAL LIQUID EYELINER to line her upper lid and create a wing at the outer eye corner.

To add some color to her cheeks, I added the 2nd to the top swatch blusher from the MIKYAJY TEMPTING TREATS PALETTE and added a highlighting powder from the same collection. (Mikyajy's Tempting Treat Make-up set is great for anyone who wants to start getting serious about makeup. The colors are okay but eventually, if you want to venture into bold colors, you'd likely want to find another palette with much brighter swatches and more pigmented formula--just my opinion :p)


And finally, I decided to go light on her cute little lips by just adding a light beige color with RIMMEL SHOW-OFF LIPSTICK IN No. 30 Tell No One and added a little shimmer with MAX FACTOR VIBRANT CURVE EFFECT LIPGLOSS.

The photo shoot was kind of a "sexy-glamour-summery-effect", so it really matched the make-up! Here are some of the AMAZING and WOW! photos captured by the awesome photographers:

Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


 Photo credits to Mr. Alexander Jugo


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla

Photo credits to Mr. EAM ;)

Photo credits to Mr. Gary Lacap


Photo credits to Mr. Gary Lacap


 Photo credits to Mr. R-bi Intal


Photo credits to Mr. R-bi Intal

Again, many thanks to the photographers for the beautiful photos:
-Dennis Turla
-Gary Lacap
-R-bi Intal
-Alexander Jugo
-Mr. EAM :)

To my make-up assists:
-Cil Borce (my sister!)
-Lot Ballejo (my sister from another mother!)

Til next blog post! and stay tuned for more make-up tips & techniques ^_*


XOXO,
The Smokey Blue Palette

0 comments:

Post a Comment