Violent Lips: It's The First Kind of "Violent" You'll Love! ヅ

 April 24, 2012

Would you believe that the co-creator of this innovative beauty product is a 14-yo girl?!? Surprising, isn't it?
But before I tell you the story behind its creation--I'd like to tell you how excited I was when I was handed the package that morning! Many thanks to Ms. Mariyah Gaspacho (www.mahryska.com) for inviting me to be her MUA for her blog's shoot to showcase the different colors and patterns of this extremely addicting addition to my beauty haul :) The colors, shades and patterns are adorable and could be a potential masterpiece for anyone!


What is VIOLENT LIPS?

For today's generation, they call it "the ultimate form of self-expression". They are a fashionable line of temporary lip tattoo appliques. Creators have come up with 4 different patterns: Flags, Polka Dots, Leopard and Glitter Prints. And to be honest, even I don't belong to the generation XYZ--but I am so in it! It's funky, cute, sexy and most of all, it lets you be the creative goddess you've always wanted to be :)

You can now be confident to match your leopard print skirt with a Violent Lips Leopard Print tattoo applique or if you feel a lot more perk, go ahead and be glittery enough to wear the Glitterati Lips!

TIPS ON APPLICATION:


When you first see the applique, you'll wonder --"how on earth would I use this?" or "The lip is gigantic and my lips are tiny!!?!?!?"  Hahaha! Don't worry. YOU CAN TRIM IT! Yes, there are patterns at the back for you to follow.

First off, you have to have your lips all cleaned up. No oil, no balm, no nothing. Just bare. Take the applique off the package and try to fit it on your lips and mark where to cut. Trim it according to the size of your lips. When you're done trimming, make sure you have some cotton balls or pads beside you and water. Place the applique on your lip (sticky side on your lips, paper side out) and dab water with cotton for about 1 minute or less. When you already feel that it's sticking to your lip, gently remove the paper.

To remove it, simply use baby oil and cotton. Dab, dab, dab and gently peel it off!


SAMPLE, SAMPLE, SAMPLE!


I got a few samples of the applique from Ms. Mariyah, but for the photoshoot this morning, I decided to use the Lavender Glitterati--don't ask why. I just love the color. Haha!

Here are some of the photos from this morning's shoot with of course, the amazing Mr. Dennis Turla!



Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla
The Violent Lips Glitterati Collection will give your put a picture-perfect sparkle! And it shows! Look how amazing my model looked with her glitterati lips as well as the Rainbow applique!

Creator of Violent Lips are also proud that their product is vitamin-enhanced, and when applied; can last 4-8 hours (of course, with the exception that you don't eat OILY food as it gets wiped off by any kind of oil) and is easy to apply to all lip sizes!

MY VERDICT


Violent Lips is a great product to use especially if you'll be out for a wild night out with friends or go social on cocktail parties. Initially, I thought it was hard to apply and my first try gave me a really hard time to remove it off my model's lips. But to my surprise--practice does really make perfect! I was able to apply & remove the Violent Lips easier than I expected! The application is a bit tricky at first, but you'll get the hang the hang of it on your 2nd try--I swear.

I'll give it 4.5 stars!

WHERE TO BUY 'EM!

Head down to Sephora to grab one of these cute & funky addition to your beauty haul!

6 Sephora Stores near you:
Dubai Mall (Ground Floor next to Star Atrium), Dubai Marina mall (Ground floor), Mall of the Emirates (Fashion Dome, Level 2), Deira City Centre (Ground Floor), Dubai Festival City (Ground Floor), Mirdiff City Centre (Ground Floor, North East entrance)


A MILLION THANKS TO YOU!

Again, many thanks to the following wonderful people!

Photographer: Mr. Dennis Turla
Model (Glitterati Lip Applique): Karyll Roque Angeles
Model (Rainbow Lip Applique): Yhette Wu :)

Special thanks to Ms. Mariyah Gaspacho for the opportunity given and the products as well :)

You guys rock!

For any comments, suggestions, or just plain inquiries about beauty, make up or anything under the sun; please feel free to email me at smokybluepalette@gmail.com or just leave a comment below!

Bonne Nuit & stay gorgeous ladies!


XOXO,
The Smoky Blue Palette














0 comments:

Post a Comment