Lancôme Rouge in Love: I'm In Love With It! ♥

 April 29, 2012


Sometime before the year 2011 ended, I already saw an ad with Emma Watson in it. It was about a lipstick, short hair, glittery video, and nevertheless, didn't mean anything to me. I wasn't an Emma Watson fan, nor a lipstick junkie. But today, when I held the product she used for her lips in that TV ad, my whole perspective changed--including loving Emma Watson's short hair 'do!  


It's the Lancôme Rouge in Love. I was given the opportunity to try out three out of the 24--YES, there's 24 swatches to choose from, ladies! And believe me, I can't wait to get a hold of the other 21! Yay!


Lancôme Rouge in Love in 185N Rouge Valentine

Before I tell you what I think about the product, it is good to know that the swatches are categorized in to 3 moods:

  • Jolis Matins - these are identified with the letter M in the shade number; fresh shades used for daytime wear.
  • Boudoir Time- these are identified with the letter B in the shade number; pop shades used for cocktail hours.
  • Tonight is My Night - these are identified with the letter N in the shade number; very intense shades for magical nights.
So before considering which shade to buy, note that if you are most likely to go out more often for brunch/ day out with your ladies, bar-hopping or romantic dates? I know I am a day person--so if I were to pick out which shades to buy--I'd like for the M shades ;) makes sense?

THE SWATCHES I've Tried:



Left: 381N Violette Coquette
Middle: 185N Rouge Valentine
Right: 377N Midnight Rose

I got my samples courtesy of Ms. Mariyah Gaspacho, and these 3 swatches were just so adorable! :)

MY VERDICT:

All three shades are quite pigmented.


TIP: Apply a thin layer first, and let it set for probably a minute and then apply another layer.

Lancôme claimed that the Rouge in Love collection has the shine and brilliance of a gloss--in my honest opinion, it doesn't. But it does have a satin-like finish. Their lipstick is very comfortable to wear 'coz it feels so light on the lips and it's not sticky as some other lipsticks could be! 


Rouge in Love gives a long-lasting (forgot to mention, it stays on for 6 hrs more or less) and a really comfortable finish! They add brightness without looking harsh and doesn't leave your lips dry.


So, is it worth buying one? I'd say YES! Especially if you are a lipstick-virgin--I think it's the best way to start!


WHERE TO BUY:
Head down to Areej in Dubai Mall! I'm sure there's a Rouge in Love shade that's perfect for you! :)



PHOTOSHOOT:

And of course, my blog post would not be complete without a photo with the used product! Here's to the wonderful photography of Dennis Turla! :) --visit his site at thehotshoeanthologist.blogspot.com


Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla; used 318N Violet Coquette

Photo credits to Mr. Dennis Turla; used 318N Violet Coquette

Again, many thanks to my ever wonderful life partner for the untiring support & patience :) and special thanks to Ms. Mariyah Gaspacho for the opportunity to review the product.

For any comments, suggestions, violent reactions (yay! hopefully not) or just plain queries about beauty, make up or anything under the sun; please feel free to email me at smokybluepalette@gmail.com or just leave a comment below.

Have a fabulous evening ladies! Bonne Nuit!


XOXO,
The Smoky Blue Palette


0 comments:

Post a Comment